- Tutorials …………………….. Tuesday, 2018-10-09
- Conference Day 1 ……… Wednesday, 2018-10-10
- Conference Day 2 …….. Thursday, 2018-10-11
- Social Program ………….. Friday, 2018-10-12 (see below)
This will be announced before the 31st of August.
The exact program of the conference will follow when the paper submission, refereeing, and acceptance proces is completed.
Social Program, Friday October 10th: Iceland Golden Circle Conference Tour
- Friday the 12th of October
- Departure: 09:00–17:00
- Pickup from: Reykjavik University
- Included: Bus fare and guide
The Golden Circle tour allows you to visit some of Iceland’s most stunning sights, starting with the Geysir geothermal area where the Strokkur geyser shoots a column of water up to 30 metres (98 ft.) into the air every 4-8 minutes in a thrilling display of nature’s forces.
The visit continues with Gullfoss (Golden Falls) waterfall, created by the river Hvítá, which tumbles and plunges into a crevice some 32 m (105 ft.) deep.
The Golden Circle tour also includes the historical and geological wonder that is Thingvellir National Park, where the American and Eurasian tectonic plates are pulling apart at a rate of a few centimetres per year.